The associates of David Miller CPA help clients with a variety of business services. As a business ourselves, we understand that you want to be focusing on your core competencies. Let us help you, by focusing on our core competencies. We can take care of your accounting needs so you can get back to the job of running your business.
New Business Services
There is a long list of reasons to incorporate, including personal asset protection, additional credibility, name protection, perpetual existence, and tax flexibility. The decision to incorporate involves many inputs, though it is usually beneficial for more than just tax reasons. We can help you understand which entity is best for you, when is the best time to incorporate, which state to incorporate in, and help you through the process itself.
Tax ID Number / EIN Application
1. A Tax ID number, formally called an Employer Identification Number (EIN), is a unique nine-digit number assigned by the Internal Revenue Service to business entities operating in the United States for the purposes of identification. Regardless of your business size or incorporation status we recommend you apply for one.
2. A Tax ID number is required to open a bank account, hire employees, withhold income taxes, file some corporate returns, and use some types of retirement plans. We also recommend you get one, even if you are not required to, because it can protect your personal security. If you are a small business owner, you can give the tax id number to your vendors instead of giving them your social security number.
1. We recommend using QuickBooks for bookkeeping. QuickBooks is the market leader for small business bookkeeping software. You can connect bank accounts, charge credit cards, create invoices, produce financial statements, run payroll, and collect sales tax.
2. We offer many QuickBooks services. We can set up your chart of accounts, reconcile your bank accounts, prepare financial statements. Basically, anything you need help with QuickBooks related, we can do.
3. QuickBooks even has a great “Invite your Accountant” tool. Once it is activated, we can go into your QuickBooks online account remotely and fix problems for you instantly.
Payroll Set Up
Payroll can be confusing and distract you from what you are truly passionate about. We can help and ensure that your payroll is being done the right way and save you countless hours along the way. We use the Gusto Platform to allow clients to customize a payroll specific to their business in an easy, organized manner. One of our staff members is Gusto Certified and would love to help create a payroll that is right for you.
Sales Tax Registration
We will help you register for a sales tax permit, calculate the sales tax rate that you must charge, collect the sales tax at your point of sale or checkout cart and send the sales tax return and payment to the state.